So I changed some settings around after talking with people in TS3 and within the admin group. Essentially, during judgement hour the following can be done now:
- Gate houses can't be opened except by people within the guild or who have it on personal claim. If you don't claim your warehouse but it still lies within your guild claims, you are protected from others opening it.
- People can use "OPEN/CLOSE" on all buildings. Movable objects inside of these areas (i.e. looms, chests, wardrobes, moose heads) will be fair game during raids.
- People CANNOT use "OPEN" on warehouses. This means that virtual inventory spaces of warehouses will be protected during these times unless left unclaimed.
- Others will be able to access your barns and stables but no one can slaughter your animals while they are in your claim zone or under personal claim. This means you can still have your animals stolen, but not be griefed by players with that intention only.
- Players who attack others during this time will lose no alignment, nor will alignment be lost for looting gravestones.
This is just to help clarify. About the non-accessible warehouse inventories, it is something that we (the admins) agree should be implemented with seige equipment. With the current vanilla settings, judgement hour allows for forms of griefing that are beyond control. To wipe out a group by simply accessing their warehouse and dropping their items on the ground is something that is possible and having this as a daily or even weekly thing would never allow new groups to form on the server and hurt our RP element. We want people to focus on RP but still have a fun time to fight each other without alignment hits. There is still a lot to lose during these times but with at least a little bit of storage space for protecting the most valuable stuff, people can't be completely wiped away.
As we expect, people will have their opinions on this matter. But I think this will change it from such a horrible experience to a pretty decent one. You never know, you may actually enjoy it!
Thanks - Jett